We want to offer you a yummy kid’s recipe “Green Apples’’. But first of all, let’s see the benefits of the ingredients.
It turns out the eggs are in the ten top of the most useful food products for adults and children. The eggs are necessary for the human body because of its minerals, amino acids, vitamins, fats and proteins. However, the eggs are strong allergens. That is why including eggs into the kid’s diet raises a lot of questions.
Babies under one year have to eat only hard-boiled egg yolk and you should include it in the diet not earlier than 6 months old if the child is fed with formula, and not earlier than 7 months old if breastfed. Leave egg whites until 1 – 1.5 year old, and include scrambled eggs, boiled eggs or fried eggs in the diet only after a child is 2 years old.
Useful Properties of Green Apples
- – Apples are natural defense against viruses and bacteria. So, a child needs to eat one apple a day.
- – When choosing apples in the stores, do not choose the most beautiful, bright and large fruit. Prefer unprepossessing apples with small defects. This indicates that the fruit was grown in the wild without any chemicals. Such apples will bring much more benefit for your child.
- – Choose green apples because they contain more vitamin C than any other sort.
- – Green apples contain easily digestible iron. So the child will not have anemia.
- – Dentists advise to eat apples every day for good teething. When you bite a hard apple, there is a load on the teeth and gums, and the tooth enamel is cleaned and gums are prevented from bleeding.
- – Children of the school age can chew 3-4 apple seeds, they are the best source of iodine and are able to cover the daily requirement of it.
On the whole, apples are recommended to give babies not earlier than 4 months old. First, give a child a baked apple or ready puree from a can, in some time add homemade puree of fresh apples to the kid’s diet and then freshly squeezed apple juice.
Well, treat your baby with a healthy dish like that. Here is the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon or cube kale puree
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 egg yolk
Boil an egg. Separate the yolk. You need only it. Take kale puree, applesauce and boiled egg yolk and blend well. May your child enjoy!
Tip: you can make applesauce yourself at home. Surely, you need some green apples. There are a great number of recipes to make it. But the simpliest one is to bake the apples in the oven or in a microwave oven. First, core the apples. Then you should place the apples in a pan, pour some water and bake for about 15-20 minutes (in the oven) or 4-5 minutes in a microwave oven. When the apples are ready, you should mash them or blend for smooth consistency. That’s all, the applesauce is ready to help you prepare the main dish.